Contract Duration: one year
Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support cellular manufacturing and timely new product introductions. Engineering services include process development, cell management, tool design, and CNC programming.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision.
- Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements.
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers.
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, forging, casting, and molding.
- Sorting through options choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods.
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments.
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities.
100 Total Percent (not to exceed 100%)
*Individual percents should be greater than or equal to 5%.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing.
- Familiarity with control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Deviation process, Zimmer Engineering Specifications (ZESs), and Zimmer Laboratory Procedures (ZLPs).
- Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to handle project assignments of medium scope and complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project.
- Statistical Process Control skills.
- Proficient in process development, CNC programming, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modeling software.
Education/ Experience Requirements
§ B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering or other engineering science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
§ Up to 10%