*This is a Non-Exempt Position*
Overtime possible on an as needed basis
Provide Capital project (s) with logistics support on high IA/IP international and domestics projects as it related to process equipment. Direct and control the activity of export packers, international forwarders and others to assure safe and on time delivery of capital equipment. Understand the rules and tools to meet compliance laws. Drive cost savings by optimizing the end to end logistic for equipment moves. Interface with key internal stakeholders around the globe.
Project technical leader for the control and delivery of equipment including precious metal delivery systems. Mange programs and systems for the tracking, receiving, packing, documentation preparations and transportation arrangements.
• Protect Corning’s IA/IP
• Deliver equipment meeting the projects, corporate and division objectives and time lines.
• Help projects & GSM achieve cost savings goals
• Meet the strategic needs of the project as measured in cost, quality, and service.
• As directed support the compliance area pertaining to import/export and supply chain security, such as those covered by the Customs authorities and other government agencies.
• Maintain inventory and control of capital equipment at various export packing locations
• Prepare documentation to support the international transaction
• Master all systems and processes used by PLG
• Delivery and expedite equipment based on published schedules and project needs.
• Support the effective relationships between, key project customers, MTE Cost Control, Project Procurement group, CDT Logics, key service suppliers and others.
• Support supervisor on projects and programs with data and reports as needed.
• Work with supervisor to drive the optimization within the capital equipment supply chain
• Work closely with key service suppliers on processes and performance for Corning
• Support cost savings programs and processes to meet project/ businesses objectives.
• Establish appropriate metrics to measure logistical and Trade Compliance excellence and achieve measurable results to meet business objectives.
• Track spend data for key projects.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
• Coordinate project needs and requirements to meet key and critical deadline.
• Understanding of global compliance and security within the region.
• Gain an understanding of logistics, processes and related topics surrounding capital equipment projects
• Ability to work with customers changing needs to meet overall project needs
• Ability to coordinate and oversee equipment packing operations at supplier location and various Corning plant site
• Operational competencies such as; Customer focus, planning skills, organizational skills , and problem solving
• Exhibits sound decision making skills and exercises good judgment; is able to effectively analyze and utilize information to meet job and project needs.
• Communicates and collaborates effectively both internally, externally, and across functions as required.
• Operates effectively within the regional cultures in a global environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal functional direction.
• Travel and overtime may be required
Manager Most Haves:
1. 2 year degree
2. MS Office experience
3. Transportation/logistics experience