This Associate Accountant position is responsible for performing all Accounts Payable and Expense Report processing. This position will be responsible for researching and resolving errors on discrepant invoices and keeping backlog to a minimum in support of timely and accurate payments to the suppliers. Demonstrated familiarity with Deltek Costpoint’s Accounts Payable module is required. Exposure to a manufacturing business environment is highly desirable. Perform accounting transactions and analysis to support accurate and timely weekly and monthly processes to be recorded in Costpoint. Various ad hoc requests such as performing journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals for the weekly and monthly closing cycles will be required. Work closely with the Controller to support month end reporting and special projects for both division management and Corporate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accounts Payable experience in a high volume invoice processing (i.e., coding, vouchering, posting invoices, issue resolution, etc.) environment.
• Demonstrated experience performing analytical, research and problem solving responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues, co-workers, with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a supportive, diverse team environment.
• Partner with Buyers, Invoice Approvers to resolve discrepancies, including those requiring site action
• Processing of Costpoint Project number and Tax corrections where required
• Perform customer service activities, including phone calls, supporting audit requests, supporting special projects, etc.
• Monthly problem resolution of outstanding employee travel expenditures to support proper accounting treatment thereof.
• Independently recommends and develops documented supplemental guidelines for existing procedures and/or creates them where none exist.
• Examines and analyzes monthly Accounts Payable and Expense Report data, records, statements, documents, journals, and demonstrates subject matter expertise for arriving at reasonableness, inconsistencies, and conformance with accounting/finance policy and management control requirements. Prepares or ensures that proper supporting documentation exists. Investigates questionable areas and takes remedial measures.
Overtime including occasional weekend support is required on an as needed basis especially during peak times. Additional responsibilities will be assigned as necessary.
The Associate Accountant is expected to effectively perform all Accounts Payable functions while quickly adapting to AP systems and processes. A continued focus on staying within the boundaries of defined procedures and controls is critical to success. The position supports and meets tight deadlines on a continuous basis.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business discipline.
• CPA, or qualified by experience. MBA desirable.
• Public accounting firm auditing experience a plus.
• At least five years of experience in similar role in the government defense contracting industry and specific experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®) and solid in-depth knowledge of Deltek Costpoint including Accounts Payable module for invoice and expense report processing.
• Familiarity with weekly processing and monthly Accounting close routines.
• Demonstrated experience in various accounting functions including Sarbanes-Oxley documentation / testing / compliance, and other general accounting disciplines.
• Familiarity with understanding of Government contracting requirements such as Forward Pricing Proposal, Disclosure Statement, FAR, CAS, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation skills as well as exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
• Must be available to travel on occasion.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.