Duration: 1 year contract
Looking for candidates with AutoCAD and Solidworks experience to assist engineers and designers in the layout of process equipment, facility design, development, construction follow-up, and installation of production equipment. Candidate will need to be able to provide knowledge based feedback on project plans, insuring the satisfaction of all project objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops layouts for process equipment in plan and elevation in existing or for new facilities based on customer requirements.
- Capable of performing elementary design calculations; i.e., statics, hydraulics, power transmission. Identify requirements for existing facility modifications based on process equipment specifications.
- Provides accurate estimates of the time required and costs to complete assigned work.
- Generates shop drawings and “sketches” depicting various scenarios..
- Assembles complete machine design packages from existing plant files, checking drawings for accuracy and adding detail and assembly drawings where necessary.
- Ensures that all machine drawings conform to Machine Drafting Standards Confers with vendors in the final selection of commercial components and writes purchase requisitions.
- Independently follows construction of equipment in vendor's plant and conforms to the Engineering Change Order system.
- Assures successful implementation of all project objectives by rigorously applying the Project Management processes
- Adheres to the Total Quality Principles.
- 5-15 years with two year degree, will consider 0-5 years with a 4 year technical degree.
- Previous work experience with Corning is a Plus.
- Local candidates are preferred
- 5+ year experience with Solidworks
- ability to design packages from existing plant files
- ability to perform cost and time analysis for projects