Contract Duration: 7 Months, Temp to Permanent
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Cybersecurity Incident Threat Responder – 6970302
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Duration: 7 Months, Temp to Permanent (Conversion Salary: $75,000)
Pay Rate: Pays up to $42/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
Position is based in Morrisville, NC.
· Respond to Cyber Security Incidents; provide cyber threat analysis and reporting to support SOC and Program’s situational awareness.
· Will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research.
· Support a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitors security tools and provides first tier response to security incidents.
· Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents
· Monitor network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis to identify security incidents.
· Respond to computer security incidents by collecting, analyzing, preserving digital evidence and ensure that incidents are recorded and tracked in accordance with SOC requirements.
· Work closely with the other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving our security posture.
· Recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
· Generates end-of-shift reports for documentation and knowledge transfer to subsequent analysts on duty. with customers to derive success criteria and production requirements.
· 3-5 years of related experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security preferred or a technically related field OR equivalent related work experience (4 years of additional experience can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree)
· At Least 1 of the following Certifications: CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer, CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker, GCIH - (GIAC Certified Incident Handler), ECIH - (EC-Council Certified Incident Handler), CISSP, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
· An understanding of Cyber Security Incident Response and Network Security Monitoring Fundamental understanding of computer networking (TCP/IP)
· The ability to take lead on incident research when appropriate and be able to mentor junior analysts.
· Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM systems like Arcsight, Splunk or Sourcefire.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members, management, and CSOC stakeholders Self-Starter
· Ability to work with little direct supervision
· Ability to think outside of the box when the need arises
· Must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 CSOC environment
· Experience in Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC)
· Multiple certifications such as, but not limited to: CompTIA Security+, SANs GSEC, GCIH, GCIA. Carnegie Mellon SEI Certified Incident Handler. Security. EC Council C|EH, Microsoft MCSE, CISSP, CISM
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology