Duration: 6 month contract
Job Title: Executive & Internal Communications Specialist
Schedule: M-F 8am to 5pm
Purpose of Position:
• The Executive & Internal Communications (EIC) Specialist has a primary purpose of aiding the development, management and distribution of executive communications (internal and external) and internal communications intended for employees and other key stakeholders globally. The EIC Specialist will ensure, via strategic communications, that employees are engaged and remain active ambassadors to Optical Communications division.
• Develop, manage, implement and distribute internal communications programs and campaigns
• Manage the COC intranet site as a key source of employee news and information, and continue the transition to a 2013 SharePoint infrastructure
• Write, edit, and proofread copy for communications in various vehicles. Conduct research and interviews required to develop communications material for various communication vehicles
• Manage, edit and publish organizational announcements, including staff group (IT, Strategy, HR) communications
• Assist in communication of strategies or messages from executive leaders, as well as logistics and event support for internal meetings and conferences
• Provide communications support for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) as well as COC North America Diversity Council
• Facilitate face-to-face communication as required. Provide communications analysis, facility-specific communications consulting, and communications measurement as required
• Participate in strategic internal communications planning, aligning communications with business goals and objectives
• Interface with customers and functional groups to successfully complete projects
• Maintain and regularly update COC distribution lists and group codes, as well as generic mailboxes
• Assist in all aspects of the Communications function (branding, content creation, executive and leadership communications, public relations and social media)
• Develop and maintain Internal Communications “best practice” processes and guidelines
• Excellent critical and creative thinking skills for developing material that meets and supports company and COC’s communications goals
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills
• Superior organizational skills with excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, and hit deadlines with consistency; excel in initiative-taking, follow-through, and follow-up
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive manner in various capacities within a multi-facility, multicultural, multilingual organization spread across the globe
• Clear understanding of different needs of the organization’s various target audiences (Manufacturing, Commercial, Sales)
Required Competencies (Education, Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Soft Skills) (Musts)
• Four-year degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
• Outstanding, accurate, and proven English language skills: written, verbal, and editing. Writing skills required in creative, business-like style for print, electronic, and various other media.
• Proficiency in SharePoint and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Also basic understanding and/or experience with varied content management systems and social media.
Desired Competencies (Education, Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Soft Skills)
• Knowledge of COC’s business, and demonstrated willingness to learn: values, culture, basic products and solutions, industry segments, customers, and competitors
• Three to five years of communications experience
• Basic competency in photo editing and desktop publishing