Contract Duration: 5 Months
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Mechanical/Product Engineer – 8985
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
Duration: 5 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $55/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
The Product Engineer will report to the Product Engineering Manager responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems for CPS products.
· Designing and developing components and sub-systems for diesel engines, transmissions, and other mechanical systems for military ground vehicles.
· The Product Engineer will need to translate customer requirements into a product engineering specification and then do the engineering design calculations and design review activities to complete the product design.
· Also, coordination of drawing creation, hardware procurement, test plan creation, product testing, and failure analysis will be done.
· Support will be needed to resolve customer, supplier, and operations issues and to write Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) as needed.
· Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university required.
· Ability to perform mechanical stress or structural engineering calculations.
· Ability to perform thermal fluids calculations.
· Demonstrated ability designing and developing mechanical devices.
· Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
· Good written and verbal communications.
· Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
· Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
· MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering (preferred).
· Previously held security clearance preferred. Ability to get a security clearance required
· Pro-E experience (preferred).
· Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
· Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
· Gear design experience (preferred).
· Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor (preferred)