Contract Duration: 6 Months, Temp to Permanent
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Systems Engineer 1 – 7191627
Job Location: Merrifield, VA
Duration: 6 Months, Temp to Permanent (Conversion Salary: $90,000)
Pay Rate: Pays up to $50/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
The company’s sector is seeking a Systems Engineer 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Merrifield VA.
· Provide input to Designs and system architectures, and define key capabilities and performance requirements.
· Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk analysis and supportability and effectiveness analyses
· Review designs and refine system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
· Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
· May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
· Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
· Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies.
· Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
· May perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· 6 years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree, OR 4 years of experience and a Master’s Degree.
· 3 years experience converting customer or product requirements into a solution.
· Ability to develop creative and ingenious solutions to complex technical problems.
· Experience testing solutions to ensure requirements have been met and verifies expected performance.
· Experience analyzing all levels of the system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
· Experience preparing system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design.
· Be able to represent the organization as the prime technical contact on projects.
· Interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
· Excellent coordination skills.
· Must be able to follow through when given a routine task and make the task their own
· Must have good oral and written skills
· Must be able to be flexible and work on multiple tasks
· Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (US Citizenship or Green Card status required) Must not have travelled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) within the last 5 years
· Previous experience with USPS Software applications
· Experience designing, developing, building, analyzing, evaluating and installing database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
· Experience Using data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.