Contract Duration: 6 Months
Job Title: IT – Cyber Security Threat Analyst/Specialist – Senior #9615
Job Type: Temporary – 6 Months
Location: Concord, CA 94518
Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
· Acts as a subject matter expert in area of field.
· Leads moderately to complex projects which may be cross functional.
· Analyzes complex malware/exploits through forensics, observation of network traffic and using other tools and resources to determine if client systems are vulnerable.
· Leads development of framework for implementing tools and processes to improve quality and timeliness of reports.
· Expert in area of field and applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices.
· Codes complex tasks that integrate systems, produce reports, or provide output that can be leveraged by other team members or systems.
· Performs proficient forensic analysis using security tools and monitoring systems to discover the source of anomalous security events.
· Assists in performing basic research internally and externally.
· Performs complex system administration tasks (e.g. customization, cross-tool integration) for security tools.
· Develops a strategy to implement work in department.
· Bachelors in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
· Experience in Information Technology (IT), 6yrs Extensive experience in analyzing network packet capture data using tools such as Wireshark
· Experience performing computer forensics and memory analysis using industry standard and open source tools
· Desirable - Prior experience working in a 24x7 security operations center
· Manager is looking for good process documentation skill / experience.
· NERC access is required for this position.