Contract Duration: 4 Months
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist – 9572
Job Location: San Ramon, CA
Duration: 4 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $73/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
· Takes ownership of vendor relationship.
· Develops contract scopes, bid specifications and packages in accordance with the program schedule.
· Performs sourcing function to process purchase orders for less than $100,000.
· Thoroughly understands contract requirements and proposes contract template changes as required.
· Performs contract onboarding including contract terms validation, internal mobilization and supplier mobilization.
· Prepares and delivers contract status reporting.
· Negotiates change order terms within contracts, bids, and agreements.
· Performs contract audits and drives implementation of lessons learned.
· Performs analysis of contracts and identifies solutions to mitigate and/or minimize vulnerabilities.
· Resolves disputes with vendor on contract interpretation with little or no guidance
· Provides coaching and training to less experienced contract managers
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
· 5 years of experience developing scopes of work and managing contracts for heavy civil, pipeline, or industrial construction projects
· Comprehensive knowledge and experience of managing complex contract(s) and contract negotiations.
· In-depth understanding of the company’s business as well as the customer’s business.
· Possess and demonstrate a full working knowledge of contract negotiations and contract management.
· Makes decisions without delay despite ambiguous information, absence of clear direction or lack of consensus, and promotes solution buy-in from stakeholders.
· Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, regulatory, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, agencies, and issues impacting (past, present, and future) gas operations within the utility industry.
· Prioritizes workload independently based on department priorities and goals.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· Proficiency with information systems and applications (e.g. Unifier, SRM, Ariba, SAP, scheduling software).
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
· Certification such as one of the following or related:
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Program Management Professional (PgMP)
· Certified Cost Engineer (CCE)
· 7 years of experience desired in a similar role writing, negotiating, and managing contracts, change orders, and developing bid forms and scopes of work for major heavy civil, pipeline, or industrial construction projects.
· Experience in the development of project controls cost estimating and cost control, budget development and reporting, and record/document control
· Experience with quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) regarding contract documents
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements for gas pipeline construction such as Operator Qualification and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing
· Certification such as one of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP) Program Management Professional PgMP) Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAMP)
· Experience in construction project controls, cost estimating, and scheduling.
· Experience in transmission pipeline construction
· Comprehensive knowledge of budget and resource formulation of contracts, bids, agreements, and RFPs
· Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, regulatory, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, agencies, and issues impacting (past, present, and future) gas operations within the utility industry. Ability to compose, interpret, and negotiate contract language.
· Ability to work effectively individually and in a collaborative environment
· Analytical and critical thinking skills
· Research and detail-oriented skills
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and contract information systems (Ariba, SRM, and SAP).
· Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and directly