Job Title: Cashier #5209 (2 positions available)
Job Type: Temporary – 3 months with possible extension
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hours: 20 hours per week
Summary: Sells merchandise and assists in inventory, re-stocking, display, and price and marking of merchandise in a retail shop. Assists customers in merchandise selection and purchase.
- Operate cash registers; receive cash; make change; quote prices; cash checks as authorized; process and handle credit card sales; record all sales in cash register, receive payment for sales and issue correct change.
- Display merchandise and assist customers in locating and purchasing various retail items, including suggesting selection to customer by emphasizing quality, style or utility of articles.
- Requisition merchandise; open shipping cases and display and arrange merchandise; clean shelves, displays and merchandise; maintain retail items in attractive and orderly ways.
- Assist in coding and price marking of merchandise for sale on floor.
- Participate in physical inventories; prepare and maintain inventory records; assist in receiving stock.
- Inform supervisor of equipment breakdown or adjustments required.
- Clean shelves, fixtures, and furnishings.
- May open and close cash register daily.
- Performs other related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Someone who can fill any of the shifts – 8:30am to 5pm, 9:30am to 6pm or 12pm to 8:30pm – or any part of those shifts.
- They can be scheduled to work any day of the week; but, never more than 5 consecutive days
- Schedules are posted at two week-intervals.
- This is a typical retail shop operations – schedules will depend on the total sales of previous week and forecasted sales of next week.
- This position will increase hours by backfilling for our permanent fixed employees who call in sick
- Our holiday peak volume begins a week before November; this person can expect to work around 20 hours weekly then. Before November 12th, it will be as needed.