Contract Duration: 1 Year
Job Title: Technical Editor and Writer 4 #17028092
Job Type: Temporary – 1 year
Location: San Diego, CA
Hours: 1st Shift 9/80 schedule
· As a Technical Editor and Writer, one will be responsible to write, rewrite and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively, technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences to include military personnel.
· This position will require the initiative to acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referencing technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
· This position will also require the active participation in overseeing the preparation of illustrative materials, to include the selection of drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
· Furthermore, this position requires the responsibility to conduct quality reviews of materials.
· 10 Years with Bachelors; 8 Years with Masters or a High School Diploma/GED plus 18 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
· Previous IETM authoring and development experience.
· Possess a familiarity with aircraft systems.
· Possess a working knowledge of S1000D, SGML or XML authoring software, common source databases, technical publications development processes and publishing systems such as Eagle Publishing System.