Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Job Title: Mechanical Design Technician #13418
Job Type: Temporary – 1 Year
Location: Wilmington, NC
• Detail and document designs via models/drawings (INVENTOR) under direction of an engineer.
• Participate with other team members in generating and executing designs, project plans, estimates and schedules.
• Interact with internal and external suppliers to procure, deliver and implement hardware and equipment.
• Detailing of mechanical parts/assemblies in Inventor.
• Generate and help manage drawings used to build equipment.
• Specify and procure mechanical equipment from outside vendors.
• Interact with machine shops to manage quotation, procurement and build of components.
• Setup, testing and debug of electromechanical systems. Optimization of same.
• Participate in project design and objective setting activities.
• Develop plans & schedules for implementing project objectives.
• Schedule and coordinate plant & outside trades support as required for equipment installation.
• Help plan & coordinate as well as participate in equipment/process startup & debug.
• Develop written documentation for equipment and procedures developed to support the project objectives.
• Interact with plant Drafting and PIMS organizations to ensure compliance with documentation requirements and standards.
• Help plan and participate in the training of personnel and production associates receiving equipment & process deployed by the project.
· Minimum experience; 3 years in the field
· Minimum Education: Associates Degree (Mech. Engr. Tech, Mech. Design, CADD)
· Good communicator, at ease sharing information
· Team oriented
· Flexible, able/willing to work in broad range of duties
· Self starter, requires minimal supervision
· Hands-on ability with equipment & tools of the trade
· Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
· Mechanical part detailing experience required
· Autodesk INVENTOR preferred, 3-D CAD experience a must
· Windows Office Suite
· Mechanical Equipment - Design, procurement, Installation & Debug of manufacturing equipment
· Familiarity with pneumatic components/controls
· Experience with developing new equipment/processes