Contract Duration: 1 Year
Job Title: Associate Technical Writer #579
Job Type: Temporary – 1 year
Location: South San Francisco, CA 94080
Hours: Day Shift
Client is seeking a detail-oriented Associate Technical Writer to assist with updating and rebranding existing product manuals under the supervision of the Technical Communications team. Candidates must have exceptional attention to detail and work with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare source files for XML/DITA conversion following written procedures.
- Send files for conversion and track files sent and received.
- Set up product manuals in the content management tool using converted content and templates, following written procedures. Subsequently work in XMetaL and content management system on converted documents.
- Perform post-conversion quality checks following written procedures.
- Work with departmental illustrator to ensure that converted graphics are at departmental standards.
- Manage and track team and legal reviews and incorporate edits.
- Manage and track team approvals and prepare files for document control.
- Track document release in document control system.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deliver under tight deadlines.
- Follow all processes, style guides, templates, and brand guidelines.
- May involve working in FrameMaker, Word, and Inkscape.
- Keen attention to detail and high regard for quality.
- Strong project management skills and proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency with XMetal and SDL Knowledge Center, and, if necessary FrameMaker and Word.
- Ability to create PDFs using Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to quickly learn other new processes and software tools as needed.
- Work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline preferred.
- Proficiency with XMetaL or SDL Knowledge Center 2016 desirable.
- Experience in life sciences and/or biotechnology preferred.