Contract Duration: 2 month contract
Duration: 2 month contract
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
Month End Close
• Participate in monthly close process. Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met. Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
• Compile, reconcile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts;
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met. Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
• Prepare financial management reports;
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses;
• Maintain and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations;
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues;
• Proactively analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures. Provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems;
• Assist with ad hoc analysis, reporting or projects;
• Coordinate accounts payable function, including check runs;
• Participate in weekly Material Review Board meetings.
• Process weekly payroll using ADP. Assist with 401(k) reporting and compliance. Oversee year-end payroll tax reporting/filings, as well as Form 1099 reporting.
• Manage accounts receivable to include invoicing, collection of receivables and liasing with customers. Maintain and advise on customer credit limits and collection issues.
• Manage and maintain revenue metrics data, ensuring accuracy of revenue recognition.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Company policy and other accepted policies and procedures;
• Document internal controls over inventory reporting for each reporting period.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure compliance with Company internal control policies and procedures.
• Participate in weekly Material Review Board meeting.
• Active participation in the quarterly review and annual audit;
• Assist with the annual budget process;
• Assist with the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks;
• Provide support to the annual audit and quarterly review process by working closely with outside auditors;
• This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, other tasks will be assigned as necessary.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting;
• A minimum of 5 years of related experience;
• Experience in a high tech manufacturing public company, preferred;
• Experience with ADP and Navision, preferred.
Other Essential Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must have strong analytical skills;
• Proficient in Excel and Word;
• Familiarity standard cost and variance analysis;
• Ability to plan and meet deadlines;
• Strong communication skills;
• Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX compliance;
• Strong technical revenue accounting knowledge;
• Knowledge of auditing practices;
• Knowledge of applicable accounting laws, codes and regulations;
• Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong planning and organizing skills;
• Excellent analytical abilities;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team player with a “can do” attitude;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Office environment;
• Manufacturing environment;
• Team environment.
• This position does not require traveling.