Contract Duration: 1 year temp to perm
Job Title: Manufacturing Business Analyst #10361
Job Type: 1 year temp to perm
Location: Mason, OH
The Manufacturing Business Analyst is responsible for collecting, measuring, analyzing, monitoring and reporting manufacturing and financial data on a diverse set of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on multiple highly visible programs. The Manufacturing Business Analyst will partner with Program Managers, Finance, Manufacturing Managers and Supervisors, and Production Controllers to provide performance based data and analysis to assist in the successful execution of contracts. The Manufacturing Business Analyst will also be responsible for utilizing this financial data to support various bid and proposal activities for both IR and Space business units.
- Coordinates financial management of various accounts by working cross functionally to complete a variety of activities, including conducting variance analysis, identifying cost trends, reviewing/preparing baseline estimates, estimates to complete (ETC) and estimate at completion (EAC), providing timely input to Manufacturing Managers, Program Managers and Financial Analysts, schedule planning activities, and proposal submissions.
- Acts as a liaison between Manufacturing Operations, Production Control, PMO and Finance to construct detailed execution plans that are incorporated into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) baselines.
- Work with Manufacturing lab management to collect production data and match with financial data to develop meaningful cost performance metrics and provide this data to the labs on a regular basis. Develop graphical performance tracking tools for use in the lab to provide assembly and test personnel with clear indication of performance trends against budget.
- Collect relevant data from Manufacturing labs as required to support financial performance analysis, which may include but not be limited to units delivered, work in process (WIP), equivalent complete, hours per unit and yield.
- Supports monthly forecast responsibilities, staffing plans/forecasts (S&OP), Risk and Opportunity (R&O) management, and funding analysis.
- Works as part of a team and effectively communicate results clearly with multiple stakeholders.
- Identifies risks that affect cost and/or schedule and provide proactive analysis of all financial aspects of the projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree or higher in a business, finance or manufacturing field is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience is required; experience in work execution planning and tracking work to closure is desired. Minimum of 2 years of financial analysis or related experience is required.
- Experience developing proposals and cost estimates is desired.
- Demonstrated work experience in establishing and maintaining good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including external customers, subcontractors, program internal clients (i.e. PMO/IPTs/CPTs, and engineering organizations)
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development activity, including EVMS and IMS
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office (Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize program management systems and tools; and independently create and accurately analyze cost data
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries for internal/external dissemination
- Communicates Directly: Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with respect, clarity, transparency and honesty. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others points of views.
- Builds Alignment: Aligns personal goals and objectives with organization goals and business strategy and takes action to achieve them. Promotes a unified and seamless team. Understand and acts upon role, responsibility, accountability and authority within the team.
- Drives Performance: Consistently delivers on commitments. Demonstrates ownership of results within their area of responsibility and works across functional boundaries to ensure success of business processes.
- Innovates: Generates solutions to problems via data analysis. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Seeks alignment and endorsement from leadership to implement process improvements.
- Collaborates: Works across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve company goals. Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, other functions and customers. Works cooperatively with others in order to meet group and organizational goals. Approaches conflict with humility, respect and transparency.