Contract Duration: 6-12 Months w/ Possible Extension
Job Title: Test Technician# 7191/7295/7298
Job Type: 6-12 months with possible extension
Location: Palo Alto,CA
Hours: Rotating (Day, Swing, Grave).
All candidates must be flexible to do all shifts. Please note that each shift is usually 3-4 months duration not immediate change.
· Perform all levels of testing and performance verification on commercial satellite Power and Controls Subsystems.
· Exciting, fast paced production area that runs 24/7.
· You'll be testing high dollar, highly reliable hardware; that requires you to "Do It Right the First Time".
· Use microscopes, DVM's, drawings, schematics, and BOM's to verify manufacturing prior to applying power to hardware
· Operate computerized Manufacturing Defect Analysis system.
· Interpret results, troubleshoot, and recommend remedies
· Utilize automated test equipment, and assemble complex electrical test set-ups, as required to perform hardware check-out.
· Work with Design and Test Engineers in performing troubleshooting, and failure resolutions
· All units must be tested in T/V Chambers that simulate the space environment.
· As a test Technician Specialist, you will also be taking multiple units through the environmental test process.
· This process includes thermal vacuum, and vibration testing.
· Leadership skills are required, recognized and considered for advancement.
· Current 3 levels of managers where promoted through this organization.
· The willingness to support overtime is required.
· Shifts are periodically rotated to projects, and to give offshift employees relief.
· Travel not required.
AS Certificate or equivalent military training, with minimum of 5 years of Electronic experience