Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Job Title: Measurements Engineer V #13543
Job Type: 1 year contract
Location: Corning, NY
Hours: 40+ hrs (40% domestic and international travel)
Define, assemble, test and deploy measurement systems in support of manufacturing process control and inspection of products. Manage the transfer of technology from development to manufacturing.
· Leverage off-the-shelf instruments or develop new measurement methods to optimize manufacturing processes or inspect the quality of products.
· Engineer measurement solutions that are suitable for use in manufacturing.
· Work with a variety of cross functional groups (Development, Quality, IT, Purchasing, Operations) to deliver effective solutions.
· Leverage external suppliers for key technologies or core competencies such as system integration.
· Define Scopes of Work, competitively quote when appropriate, issue Purchase Orders, track supplier work and approve invoices.
· Design experiments and analyze data to identify and implement improvements to measurement systems or production processes.
· Create/update documentation for release to production including Machine Specifications; operating procedures and drawing packages.
· Train engineering, maintenance and operations people how to use and maintain measurement systems.
· Provide remote and onsite troubleshooting using data and performance analysis of the installed systems.
· 40% domestic and international travel (Asia, Europe)
· 1 day to several week trips are typical
Required Education & Experience:
BS, MS or PhD in Physics, Optics or EE
Minimum of 3 years hands on experience with metrology
· Measurement system development or characterization
· Optical system design
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Strong programming in C# (or .NET)
· Systems Engineering and integration
· Experience with electrical/optical/mechanical installations, including system checkout and troubleshooting
· Strong communication and presentation skills (MS Office programs)
· Data retrieval, plotting and analysis (primarily using Microsoft Excel)
· Machine Vision system development (optics, lighting, cameras, image acquisition, image analysis)
· Knowledge of image processing algorithms (blob analysis, edge finding, morphology, feature extraction, classification, metrology)
· Digital Signal Processing
· Control systems (PLCs)
· Process engineering knowledge. Experienced with design of experiments, statistical analysis and process improvement
· Experience with Metrology, Inspection and Product Quality in support of production organizations
· Motion Control – ability to integrate motion on imaging platforms
· Computing – Familiar with high performance computing systems
Interpersonal skills - able to interact effectively with customers & coworkers
Fluent in Mandarin is a big plus
Able to work independently
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work with others for whom English is not their primary language