Contract Duration: 1 Year
Job Title: Aircraft Equipment Expediter
Job Type: Temporary – 1 Year
Location: Palmdale, CA
Hours: 9/80 (80 hours of work over 9 days)
- Responsible for the survey, control, dispatching, and follow-up of all types of tools pertaining to an assigned department or section of an aircraft, from control points, critical zones, and / or central control areas.
- Tools are in support of ground support and tooling efforts to allow for aircraft testing, launch and recovery efforts and system test equipment operations.
- Operate industrial equipment such as fork trucks, lift gates, tow tractors and hand trucks in the safe movement of equipment up to 9 tons.
- Anticipate and verify shortages and affix priorities to tool and equipment dispatch.
- Expedite to final destination by coordinating with requesting department (Engineering, Operations, Tooling, Planning, Material Control, etc.).
- Update equipment locations with CMMS and comply with all FAR requirements.
- Knowledge – Little or no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Supervision Given and Received – Immediate supervision involving detailed verbal and written instructions. Frequent review of work performance. Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
- Typical Duties and Tasks – Duties & tasks are simple and repetitive. Assists more senior staff members with routine tasks. Refers questions and problems to higher levels.
- Consequence of Errors – Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Typical Education / Experience – High School diploma or equivalent