Contract Duration: 3 year temp to perm
Job Title: Component Engineer #10467
Job Type: 3 Year Temporary to Permanent
Location: Ayer, MA
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:30PM
Summary: The Component Engineer plays a key role to assure electrical components used in Maritime Systems products are reliable, available and meet the performance criteria defined by the design. He/she will be responsible to evaluate, validate, and implement end of life component substitutions based on manufacturer End-of-Life notice or by proactively scrubbing BOM's.
This position requires a candidate who must work with minimal supervision to help facilitate the timely processing of quotes and Engineering change orders. The individual will interface with all company departments including Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Project Management in order to deliver quotes and products within the established guidelines and SOPs.
• Collaborate with Design Engineers to perform component selection
• Monitor component end of life and perform substitute part selection, validation and implementation
• Scrub BOMs of existing products to identify component end of life proactively
• Perform part maintenance as required by the MRP process and system
• Collaborate with Program Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to assess new orders for component availability and substitutions in the case of obsolescence
• Work with Vendors to maintain the quality of all purchased parts, subassemblies and products Including annual quality audits of key suppliers
• Develop and execute cost cutting initiatives and process improvements
• ISO 9001 Quality System involvement.
• BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years related experience, or AS in Electrical or Electronic Technology with a minimum of 5 years related experience
• Experience in Electronic, Electrical and Electro-mechanical components selection, sourcing and evaluation
• PCB, PCBA knowledge a significant plus
• Experience in reading schematics, blueprints and customer requirements
• In-depth knowledge of the ISO9001 Quality Standard and a manufacturing experience is a significant plus
• Familiarity with standard MRP systems and processes
• Problem solving capabilities