Contract Duration: 4 months temp to perm
Duration: 4 months temp to perm
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Coordinator is responsible for the timely execution of activities related to the Sarbanes-Oxley project and risk-based internal audits in accordance with the internal audit plan; this includes all activities from test planning to presentation of results to management. The SOX Coordinator is also responsible for identifying and researching applicable operational/financial/technical issues and effectively applying knowledge of company operations to audit matters.
• The application of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 financial and operational testing/evaluation of effectiveness of internal controls to determine compliance with company requirements.
o Maintain internal control process documentation.
o Coordinate, perform and review quarterly internal control evaluations according to Corporate, Segment and Division instructions.
o Testing through inquiry, examination, re-performance, and observation of internal financial and operational controls.
o Consult with process/control owners during testing.
o Report internal controls compliance status to division management.
o Prepare clear, concise, and value-add audit work papers, reports, and other communications to document audit procedures performed and exceptions noted.
o Resolve exceptions and issue action item remediations.
o Prepare and collect signatures for internal compliance certifications from internal control owners for management representation letters.
• Reports including scopes, objectives, procedures performed, and recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment, in accordance with established internal audit reporting guidelines.
• Lead various internal audits related to IT, HR, Finance & Compliance.
• Keep up to date on current activities, accounting pronouncements, and audit information significant to the profession and company industry
• Support special projects as necessary
• BS/BA and 3-5 years related SOX experience
• CPA preferred
• Coursework in audit, accounting, or related field.
• Understanding of operational audit process, some financial audit skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management across multi-site operations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Requires broad knowledge of accounting theory and practice involving classification of accounts, billing and preparation of various complex financial reports. Must be proficient with Microsoft office. Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to exchange information and interface effectively with employees and/or customers clearly and concisely.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.