Contract Duration: 6 Months-Temp to Hire
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be responsible for all the daily shipping and receiving needs. Accurate physical receiving of materials/product. Packaging and shipping of new product and Customer Service sales orders.
When necessary, he or she will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, particularly on the Manufacturing side.
Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks at the loading docks.
<p>• Track inventory and maintain inventory accuracy.
• Latest versions of documents are available on the intranet. Check revision of hardcopy documents before use.
• Compare packing lists to company purchase orders and ensure that the products in each delivery match the packing list.
• Label and store incoming parts.
• Print daily receipts and cross-check with computer software to ensure accuracy.
• Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs.
• Process shipments based on New Product and Customer Service Sales Order shipments.
• Proper packaging of items to ensure items will not get damaged during transit.
• Package products for return to vendors and fill out any RMA paperwork necessary prior to the shipment.
• Quarterly cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed.
• High school diploma/GED required.
• 2+ years’ warehouse experience.
• Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time unassisted.
• Working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems.
• 1+ years of Fork lift operator experience.