Contract Duration: 8 Months-Temp to Hire
Essential responsibilities of the position include:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a contract beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the products required including preliminary or released specifications, preferred supplier, and date product is needed.
• Requests and evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers, negotiates price, delivery, quality, and services.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the product balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
• Conducts cost/price analysis.
• Implements contracts that comply with company policies and government regulations.
• Assures that the product is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipment, reschedule requests, cancellations, and engineering changes.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Incorporates Engineering Change Orders as required.
• Coordinates and negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to existing purchase orders.
• Meets with suppliers to discuss contract, quality requirements, price negotiations, lead-time issues, open order status, etc.
• Ensures timely closeout of completed purchase orders or subcontracts in accordance with purchasing procedures.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a fast paced environment.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Skilled in problem solving and data analysis.
· Data Entry & Computer Skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to interface effectively with suppliers and multiple internal customers.
Required – Bachelor’s degree
This position is not eligible for relocation to the Cincinnati area. Candidates must be local or be willing to self relocate.