Contract Duration: 1 Year
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Technician will assist the supervisor/manager in meeting the departmental needs in, quality, service and financial goals.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance on facility and production equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, blue prints, schematics and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular prenventive maintenance, diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments to conveyor systems
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Assist the supervisors in complying with safety regulations, maintaining a safe, injury-free work environment.
- Handle preventive maintenance shedules,. parts, usage and repair logs.
- Schedule and work with contractors.
- Formulate time and work schedules to coincide with the needs of productions
- Generate and maintain maintenance files for equipment in the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Conveyor Mechanic; experienced repairing Hytrol, Interlake and Rapistan conveyers
- Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC experience
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- General warehousing experience preferred
- Worker should have or be willing to obtain forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.