Contract Duration: DIRECT HIRE
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Electrical Systems Engineer – 10749
Job Location: Burnsville, MN
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: Pays up to $60K - $70K
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead – Electrical Systems Engineer to join our busy team.
The purpose of this job as a Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer is to carry out assigned Hardware Engineering tasks varying in complexity from moderate to high in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and Company processes.
The primary function of this job will be as a Lead - Electrical Systems Engineer will be working on a variety of new developments, updates and engineering problems as and when they arise. The expectation will be to take on Lead Engineering and Design Authority roles. They will also be expected to learn multiple tools and work cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
· Carry out assigned hardware engineering tasks up to and including complex subsystem level, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes
· Experience of modern software packages (e.g. Computer Aided Design tools) currently used within Hardware Engineering or comparable, Mentor CHS would be advantageous
· Effectively manages own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
· Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
· Must be able to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
· Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
· Good systems knowledge of Avionics or Simulation. Be able to apply this knowledge to various products (Flight Training Devices and/or Full Flight Simulators).
· A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
· Able to lead a team or project when required
· Open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support Mechanical and Tech Docs when required
· Prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of the business
· Able to work as sole owner of assigned task, or as part of a team
· Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimize error, change and rework
· Capable of providing manufacturing support
· Degree qualified or equivalent, or several years of directly relevant experience
· Several years’ experience in Simulation or Avionics industry
· Knowledge and understanding of national (US) product standards, including Safety and EMC
· Familiar with application of standards to products, including generation of Technical Files.
· Appreciation of EMC testing to US Standards and European Directives
· Awareness of worldwide product standards and certification, Safety and EMC, (especially Europe)
· Awareness of UL listing, CE marking and other worldwide product marking