Contract Duration: 11 Months
The Senior Test Technician position reports directly to the Production Manager and is responsible for fabrication, verification and processing of Neutron Tubes; implementation of procedures and processes related to Neutron Tube manufacture; and the maintenance and repair of related vacuum processing and fabrication equipment.
- Development of processes and procedures related to Neutron Tube fabrication, vacuum tube processing, tritium loading, tritium handling and storage, and tritium survey management
- Area ownership for selection, installation and maintenance of equipment, fixturing, and tooling used in the fabrication and processing of Neutron Tubes
- Committed to continuous improvement activities and capable of managing multiple projects in a fast paced, constantly improving environment.
- A self-motivated, a team player capable of seamlessly working with engineers, management and production personnel
- Responsible for maintenance and management of tritium storage and handling, tritium loading of Neutron Tubes, tritium system loading and replenishment, tritium logs and manifests and hazardous waste disposal and transportation
- Equivalent of associates degree in related scientific of technical field with at least of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Production assembly methods and skills that include soldering, brazing, welding, use of work instructions
- Experience and strong understanding in the use of vacuum equipment such as vacuum pumps, leak detectors, gas analyzers, pressure measurement equipment, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing vacuum systems and other industrial equipment
- Ability to work directly from drawings, schematics and verbal instructions
- Must have a valid Green Card or be a US Citizen