Contract Duration: 6 Months
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Process Technician II – 13813
Job Location: Hickory, NC
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $24/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
This is an individual position that requires strong technical skills across many technologies. As part of a global team, this position provides technology development solutions to the company’s Optical Connectivity business to deliver best in class components to our customers.
· Work closely with engineers to develop and implement product and process designs globally.
· Provide project support to design, order, procure, build, checkout, and install equipment in the company's Optical Communications global production facilities.
· Support Product Quality Architecture development for new and existing products.
· Execute projects that contribute to continuous quality and cost improvement.
· Execute experiments to ensure proper process and product understanding and application.
· Maintain and improve a safe work environment.
· 2+ years’ work experience in product or process development in a technology development environment.
· Use of hand and electrical tools - drills, dremmel tools, and other small hand tools. This will be on a limited basis. No use of any larger equipment.
· Ability to work in technical project teams in team member roles
· Able to make sound decisions by blending analytical thinking with practical judgment
· General computer and networking knowledge (MS office)
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Data retrieval, plotting and analysis (Excel)
· Experience with computer-based measurement or automation equipment setup and support.
· Working knowledge of test equipment used to characterize various fiber optic assemblies. This can include, but is not limited to – equipment capable of measuring optical power loss, attenuation (OTDR), interferometers, and microscopy (end-face inspection) equipment.
· Understanding of Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Measurement Uncertainty Analysis
· Experience with optical manufacturing, including assembly process & device testing
· Experience in manufacturing environment
· Experience with calibration procedures and techniques
· Working knowledge of Minitab or other mathematical/statistical analysis tools
· Able to interpret and develop schematics