Contract Duration: 4 month contract
Duration: 4 month contract
The candidate will provide Technical Writing support to the Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Software Development efforts on the PKMA Program.
• Uses multiple sources (COTS, GFI, Engineering drawings) including provisioning technical data to develop Remove & Replace, User & Operational, and Maintenance Procedures to include both the removal and reinstallation procedures.
• Develop Operation and Maintenance narratives which will include: step-by-step directive format and written so that a single procedural step is self-contained in one sentence. “Translation” of the task narrative to “9th Grade English”.
• Work with technical staff to understand documentation requirements of software, hardware, testing and or other capabilities being documented.
• Prepare technical reports and documentation.
• Prepare training and support materials.
• Maintain version control of written materials being produced.
• Develop Maintenance tasks narratives for the purpose of repairing (corrective) or mitigating the effects (preventive) of a failure.
• Experience working with software engineers, hardware engineers, and program management to clearly and concisely document IT software and hardware related technical information.
• Technical writing experience on system/software development programs to include compiling, editing, and publishing CDRL documentation, coding documentation, status reports, briefings, user and training materials.
• Experience in effectively formatting and editing technical publications and proposals, including writing, editing, and illustrating using the MS Office Suite.
• Experience with XML/SGML authoring tools such as FrameMaker 12.
• Experience with editing and packaging PDF documents using tools such as Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Familiarity with CMMI ML3 best practices, DID formats, and agile development methodologies.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.