Contract Duration: 3 Months
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Clinical Assistant/Medical Assistant – 5345
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 3 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $24/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
· The Clinic Assistant/Medical Assistant (CA/MA), functions as a member of the clinic patient care team and functions as both Clinic Assistant and Medical Assistant as directed by the Clinic Manager or designee.
· The CA/MA performs all duties required to complete patient Check-in/Check-out, administer and coordinate the HMO referral and service authorization process, and performs other clinic front desk activities.
· The CA/MA performs technical and clerical tasks, and patient care tasks.
· Reports to: Clinic Manager and supervised by the Clerical Lead. Clinical functions of the MA are supervised by a designated licensed person. Frequent contacts: Patients, Ancillary Services Personnel, Physicians, Third Party Payers, Physician’s office staff.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, required
· Completion of all requirements in a recognized Medical Assistant training program or completion of the minimal training requirements as outlined in Section 1366 of the Business and Professions Code required
· 1 to 2 years prior experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
· Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding and billing regulations, preferred