Contract Duration: 6 Months
Title: Clinical Assistant/Medical Assistant #5327
Service Type: Temporary
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Job Summary /Requirements:
The Clinic Assistant /Medical Assistant (CA/MA), functions as a member of the clinic patient care team and functions as both Clinic Assistant and Medical Assistant as directed by the Clinic Manager or designee.
The CA/MA performs all duties required to complete patient Check-in/Check-out, administer and coordinate the HMO referral and service authorization process, and performs other clinic front desk activities.
The CA/MA performs technical and clerical tasks, and patient care tasks. Reports to: Clinic Manager and supervised by the Clerical Lead. Clinical functions of the MA are supervised by a designated licensed person. Frequent contacts: Patients, Ancillary Services Personnel, Physicians, Third Party Payers, Physician’s office staff.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, required.
· Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding and billing regulations, preferred.
· Completion of all requirements in a recognized Medical Assistant training program or completion of the minimal training requirements as outlined in Section 1366 of the Business and Professions Code required.
· One to two years prior experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent, required.
· Post-High School course work related to Front Office functions, preferred. One year work experience, required; experience in a Medical office, preferred.
· Completion of SHS Internship may be substituted for work experience requirement or Bachelors degree may be substituted for work experience requirement.
· Skill using keyboard and mouse for computer interface, required.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of clinic staff and public required.
· Ability to work independently as well as an integral part of the patient care team is required.
· Ability to solve problems, and manage multiple priorities.
· Current CPR Certification Required within three months of hire
· Medical Assistant Certification Required
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
· The work involves considerable physical exertion such as frequent lifting of patients and equipment, bending and stooping, and walking. The work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress which require a range of safety and other precautions, where conditions cannot be controlled.
· Category I: There is risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens. Tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.