Contract Duration: 1 Year
Job Title: Senior Compliance Consultant #9767
Job Type: Temporary – 1 year
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
· Support the Transmission Operations Critical Infrastructure Protection (TO-CIP) with program improvement.
· Candidate will support the evaluation and strengthening of internal controls.
· Tasking includes but not limited to:
o Lead and participate in cross-organizational efforts that will maintain and strengthen client's compliance posture.
o Analyze current compliance processes, benchmark as needed, and provide guidance to stakeholders.
o Assist organizations with the design and implementation of best practice guidance, procedures, controls, and metrics that facilitates the organizations understanding of internal controls posture Review guidance documentation.
o Ensure controls provide reasonable assurance.
· Ensure controls and metrics are implemented and effective.
· Audit compliance processes for adherence to documented procedures and controls.
· Identifying and documenting program issues/challenges.
· Evaluating and analyzing internal security controls and identifying opportunities for improvement.
· Consulting and coordinating with control owners in order to develop corrective and preventive action plans to remediate or mitigate issues.
· Developing security controls assessment test plans to spot check control effectiveness and posture.
· Assessing security controls.
· Tracking and reporting execution of corrective action plans.
· Performing cause evaluations on program issues to identify root causes.
· Participating in business process design and reengineering.
· Designing program templates for capturing cybersecurity controls implementation and evidence.
· 5 years experience at the senior consultant level.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
· Strong regulatory familiarity and expertise.
· Excellent compliance and risk experience in corporate environment.
· Strong knowledge and experience in compliance functions and documentation.
· Strong research, analytical and information gathering skills.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, ensuring quality in deliverables.
· Excellent skills in understanding complex business processes, working with the business compliance experts, and providing clear, concise guidance.
· Proven ability to partner and work collaboratively as a team player; relationship building.
· Ability to managing performance and be resourceful and adaptable to change.
· Demonstrated ability in advocacy and influence, conflict resolution, and process improvement.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Process Improvement utility industry knowledge.
· Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills; technological saavy .
· Advanced degree desired.
· Excellent Microsoft Visio skills.
· Utility industry experience a plus.
· Experience in utility related regulations, benchmarking, operational efficiency evaluation, and risk assessment.
· Issue/Problem Management:
o Causal evaluation methods and tools
o Quality Control and Quality Assurance measures
· Information Security:
o Standards and Control Frameworks (ISO, NIST, DoD, NERC-CIP)
o Cybersecurity Risk Management and Internal Controls Evaluation Business
· Process improvement:
o Lean Six Sigma
o Process Engineering/Improvement Education
o Bachelor’s degree (Information Security desired)
· Information Security certification:
o CISSP, CISA, Sec+
· Process Improvement certification:
o Lean Six Sigma or Business Process Management Causal evaluation certification
· We have a flexibly schedule, no set working hours but basic business hours is assumed with flexible lunch as well (7-4, 8-5, 9-6).
· Position will require local travel in the San Francisco area.