Contract Duration: 4 month contract
Duration: 4 month contract
This role is working the Weekend shift, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday / 7AM-7PM
Additional 10% shift differential for weekend shift (F,S,S 7AM-7PM) w/ 4 additional hours paid to bring to 40hrs total.
The successful candidate will lead the transition to production and develop manufacturing processes for the production of complex electro optical systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply engineering principles and troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position runs on 12 hour shifts (Fri, Sat and Sun 7AM-7PM) with a 10% shift differential.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting feedback from operators.
• Manage continuous improvement activities to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities' establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Calibrate and maintain test and production equipment.
• Perform root cause analysis of technical issues and provide containment and corrective actions.
• Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
• Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
• Generate assembly process flows and work instructions.
• Train production and technician staff as required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years related experience with a B.S. in Engineering required (Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering). 9+ years minimum of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must be willing to work the weekend shift (Fri,Sat,Sun – 12 hour)
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Hands-on experience with assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
• Working knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beam analyzers.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.