Duration: 4 month contract
The successful candidate will support 2nd shift manufacturing processes in the production of complex electro optical systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Manage continuous improvement activities to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Disposition production floor defects and implement corrective action.
• Calibrate and maintain test and production equipment.
• Perform root cause analysis of technical issues and provide containment and corrective actions recommendations to production team.
• Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
• Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
• Train production and technician staff as required
• Associates degree or equivalent in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 3-5 years of related experience required.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Hands-on experience with assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
• Working knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beam analyzers.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.