Contract Duration: 8 Months
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Controls Engineer III – 14031
Job Location: Big Flats, NY
Duration: 8 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $46/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
· Project focus will be implementation of robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems in comapny’s manufacturing plants.
· Member of a cross-functional project teams through concept generation and development, detail design / build, system integration and production start-up in manufacturing
· Capable of learning department’s state of the art knowledge and capability in commercially available machine / motion control systems, system integration, part sensing, and robotics technologies.
· Assigned to engineering project teams that are responsible to deliver robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems to company’s manufacturing plants and processes.
· Develop robot cell concept designs, reach studies, motion control systems, safety systems and layout drawings under the direction of a more senior project team member that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
· Uses the risk assessment process to document and design safety systems that are in compliance with ANSI R15.06-1999 or ANSI TR3 and process requirements.
· Interface with external system integrators and machine builders to successfully deliver fully integrated process equipment systems to company’s plants on-time, on-budget, and that satisfy performance measures.
· Prepare initial CAD design layouts of both complete electrical controls systems and control sub-sections under the direction of a more senior project team member. Review electrical / robot integration drawing packages for conformance to company’s standards.
· Prepare or direct the generation of construction drawings, installation drawings, and parts lists.
· Develop and support robot programming as required on assigned projects.
· Routinely perform elementary design calculations; i.e., motor speed/torque, I/O and memory sizing, area of control/sensitivity of proximity and photo equipment, etc.
· Actively participate in all phases of the project including design, fabrication, off-line integration and testing, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel, and technology transfer. Independently follow construction of equipment in vendors’ facilities.
· Individual must be capable of working within the established controls and automation standards of the Division.
· Individual must be capable of executing project assignments, in a team based environment, with minimal supervision.
· Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: control systems integration, controls architectures, PLC’s, motion control systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, robotics, part sensing, vision, risk assessment, and safety systems.
· High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent in the position. Ability and interest to learn, and apply, new technologies in support of overall technical objectives.
· Strong fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
· Demonstrated skills in control systems design, programming, and systems integration with a strong understanding of open loop and closed loop control systems.
· Experience designing, developing and delivering fully integrated machine and motion control, automation, and process machine systems to manufacturing.
· Able to effectively leverage external machine builders and system integrators for detail design, build, and integration of later stages of system implementation.
· Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on a highly matrixed team.
· Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and be able to apply it in troubleshooting and system design.
· Self-starter who is able to exceed expectations for their objectives and timelines with a minimal amount of supervision.
· Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills.
· Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level.
· Allen Bradley machine and motion control experience (most current products desired).
· Control system (PLC, HMI, motion control, safety devices, high level languages).
· Experience programming FANUC robots using teach pendant programming and offline programming using HandlingPRO simulation software.
· Experience designing robot work cells and robot end-of-arm-tooling.
· Knowledge of glass and ceramic manufacturing.
· Entrepreneurial (be able to concept and design a system never before demonstrated).
· Forward looking (knows what the big picture is and be able to project this view).
· Prior experience moving a new product or process from development into manufacturing.
· Knowledgeable in applicable national and international electrical and robotic design and safety codes.
· 2D and 3D software design tools (AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
· 5 to 10 years manufacturing plant experience.
· Experience working with PackML programming standard.