Contract Duration: 1 Year
This Position requires – Clear Background, Drug Test and Education Check
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Controls Technician III – 14815
Job Location: Concord, NC
Duration: 1 Year
Pay Rate: Pays up to $35/hr DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week
· Interpret and monitor mechanical and electrical installation checklists and schedules. Oversee, as appropriate, the usage of these systems.
· Procure and expedite materials for new or modified equipment.
· Specify or recommend vendors, and maintain close liaison between vendor and plant.
· Re-design electrical systems to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
· Prepare work orders and direct maintenance personnel and outside contract trades in the fabrication, assembly, testing, and installation of equipment.
· Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required.
· Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
· Interface with all departments, as necessary, to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
· Redline existing drawings and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen as required to resolve design issues.
· Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs, and trades as necessary to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues.
· Provide troubleshooting support in assigned areas.
· Take personal responsibility for all aspects of overseeing equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
· Provide training to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades on new equipment installation procedures as required for successful execution of installation activities.
· Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
· Develop cost reduction plans for the improvement of installation projects.
· Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
· Complete documentation packages to meet customer requirements.
· Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas.
· Minimum 5 to 10 years experience
· Minimum of an AS or AAS in an electrical or controls discipline. BS Electrical Engineering Technology, BS Electrical Engineering is acceptable
· AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows 7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word
PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems experience
· Willingness to travel internationally is preferred, but not required for immediate project.