Contract Duration: 1 Year
· End to End Project Management including Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution and Project Closure.
· Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including cost reductions, process improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration's, ERP upgrades, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions.
· Create project charters, project plans, resource plans, cost estimates
· Manage project resources to achieve project deliverables
· Reviews project spend budget and forecast variances to identify areas for action.
· Provide regular project updates to Sponsor, Steerage, and PMO’s
· Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective resolution
· Document and track activities, scope changes and lessons learned
· Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget and deliverables are met.
· Lead multi-million dollar projects
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred with Finance concentration.
· Previous experience in Finance Operations and/or Finance Transformation work including work in Shared Services Centers.
· Staffed and responsible for a work stream of tasks/deliverables on a complex Finance-systems implementation; project management work experiences.
· Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
· Ability to interface at all levels within the organization and install confidence and trust
· Functional business experience (in Finance)
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
· Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Exceptional Follow Through
· Demonstrates initiative and effectively manages self and team through a fast paced environment
· Demonstrate Project Management skills and experiences
· Process Improvement Experience
· Ability to prioritize work to meet deliverables / timelines in an effective manner
· Strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
· Understanding of Shared Services Operations
· Understanding of Corning Functional processes (Finance)
· Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
· Green Belt certification
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high level management
· Leadership skills to engage business leadership and leverage talent in a matrix organization
· Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable,
· Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
· Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
· Cross-cultural Sensitivity
· Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
· Highly Collaborative
Candidates must have valid passports and be open to travel if required. Travel may be in US or possibly outside of US as needed.