Contract Duration: 5 Months
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serve as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses, attending and facilitating safety trainings and MSDS
- Operate a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EH&S programs and activities.
- Review job specific tasks, work areas, and equipment used to ensure employee safety and drive improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- May need regulated environment experience depending on site
- 0-1 year with degree
- 5 years exp. without degree
- Project management basics
- Project tracking
- Solve elementary problems
- Knowledge of cycle management systems, i.e. agile and resource planning systems, i.e. E1
- Knowledge of cGMP and/or ISO regulations
- Strong technical written and oral communication skills
- Uses knowledge to minimize production downtime
“Journeyman” equipment maintenance engineers will have in depth expertise on a specific or multiple pieces of equipment with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve intermediate problems
May do any of the following:
Builds instruments for customer use
Assists in design , evaluation and implementation of new machinery that drives production
Assist in creating and improving the design of an instrument
Performs basic statistical analysis to analyze trends
Conducts root cause analysis and recommends corrective action
Functions as a junior member of a project team OR assist in running less complex projects
Generates and communicates elementary technical documents, procedures , standards and guidelines
- Journeymen-equipment maintenance: Troubleshoots all instrument issues of assigned work groups. Creates efficient solutions to ensure business continuity (reduce downtime of machines). May provide day to day equipment technical support
- Works on problems of limited scope
- Impact is typically limited to site only
- May own less complex projects
- May work with senior team member on a project
- May be the most senior member of an equipment maintenance team with the ability to act fully independently.
- Provides day-to-day equipment technical support
- Works under general direction
- Guided by project goals and objectives
- Performs duties under direction of management
- Uses limited discretion on routine tasks; may need direction on projects
- May be a “journeymen” equipment maintenance engineer who will function independently, with little guidance
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.