Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 7 Months
Pay Rate: Pays up to $47/hr DOE
Hours: Monday through Friday, 40 hrs per week
70% of the time Process Development:
· Function as a SME for technical writing for the unit and manager.
· Will be developing flow charts, graphics, power point presentations, org charts as well as supporting note taking, developing surveys, forms, databases and managing SharePoint, Outlook Mailboxes, scheduling meetings and managing calendar for the manager.
· Research and resolve process issues work with subject matter experts to develop technical documents and emergency plans.
20% of Time Product Management:
· Publish approved business process documents onto the intranet and SharePoint.
· Edit and reformat all information into a concise format before publishing to intranet and internal communication channels.
· Publish information to the Daily Digest page on an as needed basis to ensure all EEs are aware of department activities.
· Maintain all information in an accessible archive to ensure prior documented processes can be accessed at a later date when being researched by the Law Department and others.
· Utilize Outlook, Excel, and Word programs to document and track requested updates.
5% of Time Process Improvement:
· Analyze existing processes to determine efficiency
· Analyze and provide innovative decision making when inputting communications and process steps for all WSOC employees.
· Partner with team members on the How 2 Guides to ensure all processes are current and up-to-date in both reference tools.
· Respond to all inquiries in the mailbox within 1 business day
5% of Time Safety
· Demonstrate leadership in safety through active participation and support of the safety programs.
· Take a proactive approach to identify and correct safety hazards and work practices in the work place.
· Know and comply with the code of safe practices, "Zero in on Safety" and complete all mandated ergonomic and safety training by the end of the year.
· Strong experience in written communication skills
· Experience with Front Page, or other Web program experience
· Must have strong skills in Excel, Word and Outlook