Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Title: Project Manager #10222
Job Type: 6 months
Location: Concord, CA
· Gather and define project requirements. Clearly articulate, through total comprehension of the business case, the objectives and issues necessary to deliver the end product.
· Direct and lead the planning and management of assigned projects through completion. Maintain project controls through a complete and thorough understanding of project needs, goals, and responsibilities.
· Establish and maintain a positive work environment that encourages the accomplishment of all project goals.
· Conduct project kick-off meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations.
· Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keep management aware of the situation.
· Manage scope, budget and change controls associated with project.
· Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure the project remains within specified scope and is within schedule, cost and quality objectives.
· Manage day-to-day team and client communications by keeping the team informed of the status, project deliverables and by managing the issue resolution process. Establish and maintain a positive work environment that encourages the accomplishment of all project goals. Provide the team with feedback as it pertains to project performance.
· Build a climate that encourages safety consciousness and taking accountability for actions.
· Take a proactive approach to identifying and correcting safety hazards and work practices within the workplace.
· Bachelor's Degree.
· Certification as a Professional Project Manager preferred.
· Five or more years’ experience as a Project Manager and or Sr. Business Analyst.
· Previous utility experience.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in all aspects of project management.
· Experience developing and managing Microsoft Project schedules.
Experience in one or more of the following: Project Management System Implementation Change Management Product Management
· Ability to motivate, create enthusiasm and excitement.
· Ability to provide creative solutions in systems and process design.
· Ability to solve complex problems or situations: appropriate solutions determined from available choices and well-established guidelines.
· Job duties involve innovation and analysis to resolve problems.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to render good judgment and sound decisions.
· Excellent presentation and organization skills for work in a collaborative environment. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other project management tools.