· Successful candidates will have a strong molecular biology experience with a background in protein engineering applications including hands-on experience in protein purification, protein expression, and functional protein activity screens.
· The candidate will work independently in a fast-paced environment with very supportive teammates.
· Independently designs experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
· Troubleshoots and solves difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
· Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve the effectiveness of development workflows
· Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant required standards
· Presents data at scientific conferences (external and internal)
· Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
· Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations
A PhD with 1 plus years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related discipline and 3 plus years of lab experience is required. Protein evolution/characterization experience is preferred. Prior industrial experience is desirable.
· Protein evolution (screens, library design, analysis)
· Protein experience (AKTA)
· Strong cloning experience (standard cloning, PCR, mutagenesis, sequencing)
· Experience with cell culture (sterile technique, maintaining cell lines, transfecting mammalian cell lines)
· Experience with protein functional analysis (Activity assays, western blots, immunocytochemistry)
· Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Experience with bacterial screening systems
· Background in genome engineering or protein characterization
· Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies