Contract Duration: 1 Year
The “Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician” position has the following responsibilities for the Engineering Services group. This group supports the Pleasanton manufacturing plant by maintaining, calibrating and repairing laboratory equipment. The candidate will also be responsible for participating in several other activities such as process improvements (8-step kaizen events, 6S and JDI), Technical writing and researching and ordering parts/tools.
- Performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of manufacturing and testing Instrumentation.
- Carries out routine repairs on a daily basis.
- Provides technical support to internal customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Works independently and prioritizes work schedule of service calls a majority of the time, may require direction from Lead or Supervisor sporadically.
- Maintains own tool inventory to ensure adequate supply to perform duties.
- Works with team and administrator to assure there is adequate supply of spare parts in stockroom (Specifies and requests purchase of components).
- Performs all administrative duties including documenting maintenance and repair calls in SAP as well as completing required documentation and reports.
- Proficient and compliant with ISO standards and practices.
- Education: Minimum AS in Electronics/mechanical/electro-mechanical, Bachelors in Engineering preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years repair experience (Field Service or In-House Service)
- Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Robotic instrumentation (especially HPLC, Hamilton, Bravo, and Biomek FX)
- Handling Hazardous materials
- Handling Hazardous waste
- Liquid handling Robots
- Pneumatic instruments
- Mass Spectrometry
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001 and or 13485 Standards
- Experience with general handheld tools plus multi-meters and other electronic test equipment.
- Experience with manual pipetting
- Broad knowledge of state of the art optical imaging, precision motion control, microfluidics, automation systems, and signal processing technologies.
- Experience with FDA regulated system development/design control is a plus.
- Proficiency with Solidworks is a plus.
- Advanced technical writing and verbal skills to produce reports, documents, and communicate with customers.
- Must be able to work effectively alone under minimal supervision and complete assigned work targets in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing work tasks and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific/technical results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
- Must be flexible to work swing shift, weekends and overtime if needed.