The Environmental, Health and Safety temporary position will assist in maintaining current EHS programs of compliance and best practices relative to employee health and environmental sustainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide administrative assistance to EHS including, but not limited to, maintaining regulatory records, maintaining employee training records, coordinating onboarding safety training, tracking metrics, requesting Purchase Orders, managing invoices, etc.
· Manage Zero Waste program
· Assist Sustainability Staff and Green Committee with regular duties and special projects
· Assist Safety Staff and Safety Committees with regular duties and special projects
· Assist with and document follow-up to reported jobsite hazards
· Assist with and document follow-up and closure of audit findings
· Help place orders when materials are identified for both EHS and Facilities departments
· Communicate openly and effectively with team members and employees
· Work effectively within established team to leverage all resources
· Work closely with EHS to prioritize work assignments and respond to requests.
· Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
· Ability to influence others without authority
· Results and detail oriented
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, focus on Excel and Power Point)
· Ability to anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions
· Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, and challenges the status quo
· Greets challenge and change as opportunity
· Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
· Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
· Posses the ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace
· Basic knowledge of lean six sigma tools and methodologies
· Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and backgrounds
Degree in a Science, Engineering, Environmental Science or Sustainability from an accredited program.
Many duties are performed while sitting at a desk or conference room, (e.g., operating a computer, using a telephone, or writing and analyzing data and/or reports, attending meetings). In addition, walking or standing within office, manufacturing, facility and distribution areas is required.