Contract Duration: 1 Year
Job Title: Software Engineer I#15366
Job Type: 1 year
Location: Corning, NY
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
• Participate in research software engineering projects providing software development and modeling support to Company technology community and to enable effective innovation and competitive advantage of Company products.
• Responsible for developing, participating on development teams designing, developing, testing, and deploying solutions for internal systems.
• Participate on project teams leveraging emerging technologies to deploy state of the art software solutions across all Company businesses.
• Participate in internal and external working groups to advance the use of emerging software technologies within Company.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work with team to develop system requirements, establish design constraints, and set priorities.
• Build software solutions for internal customer projects.
• Develop software solutions by gathering customer requirements, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, and investigating problem areas.
• Help develop software development lifecycle and software project management best practices (from coding best practices to project management, unit test, archive management, etc…).
• Communicate development, testing results and project progress to team members and leadership.
• Strong technical expertise in software engineering.
• Knowledge of Web Technologies: Django, Flask, Node.js, Angular, React, Vue, Jasmine, QUnit, etc.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse technical and non-technical audience, including non-native English speakers.
• Ability to work effectively in a small team: be cooperative, flexible, and respectful, communicate constructively, show commitment, and work toward a common goal.
• Working knowledge of RHEL/CentOS and other UNIX operating systems.
• Ability to communicate with and understand the complex requirements of scientists, engineers and professional staff in the deployment of scientific computing solutions.
Education: AAS Required, BS Desired (recent grads will be considered)
Experience: 0-3 Years