Contract Duration: 6 Months
nder general supervision, sources and purchases complex machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, direct and indirect material, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization. Generates Requests for Bids/ Requests for Proposals (RFB/RFP) to include all requirements. Possesses the capability to collect/ analyze/ determine the specifications and requirements that need to be entered into the RFP/RFB. Able to respond to supplier questions or is resourceful in seeking out information and feeding back to supplier. Reviews supplier proposals, sets negotiation strategy, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers. Able to conduct price analysis. Able to generate pricing memorandum to satisfy Government audits and if applied, TINA requirements. Generates a complete procurement package with all terms and conditions, flow downs, and any additional unique terms. Follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary purchase order documentation packages to comply with Government and/or department/Company policy. Understands blueprints and specifications. Is able to interpret blueprint information. Capable of drafting complex Statements of Work (SOW’s). Possesses comprehensive knowledge of Terms and Conditions, FAR, DFAR, and ISO. Leads meetings with suppliers, supplier surveys with team and playing an active role in the process. Able to conduct difficult discussions with suppliers in regards to performance issues such as late delivery, discrepant hardware, disputes. Plays an active role with the IPT’s in disseminating supplier delivery information, potential lead time issues or other factors that affect the business/revenue plans. Able to represent SCM in discussions with Program office/Product Line Managers. Some local and overnight travel. Movement between multiple tasks and balancing priorities is a significant challenge of this position. Duties will be varied in nature, requiring the solving of unusual problems. Advance planning is required.
Researches vendor’s products and capabilities
• Solicits quotations and requests for proposals from potential sources
• Evaluates and selects supply sources; verifies that selected source is acceptable to requisitioner if required
• Conducts and leads general negotiations (as may be needed) with suppliers to achieve results
• Executes purchase orders and/or subcontracts for requisitioned items
• Accumulates information and becomes knowledgeable of vendor products and capabilities via catalogs, correspondence, telephone, or person contact
• Provides reports and status on open orders on a regular basis; conducts/leads presentations
• Maintains purchase order documentation in compliance with policies and procedures
• Ensures timely delivery of materials and services of acceptable quality & best value consistent with IEC requirements and established budgets
• Establishes and maintains adequate liaison with requisitioning department/ individual (operations, development eng, industrial eng., manufacturing eng, quality eng, etc…) as well as operating departments as required
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
• Prepares bid specifications, receives bids, and make purchases of commodities or good where the financial impact is great
• Works our remedies for defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others
• Manages commodities effectively with aggregate spend in excess of $1M per year
• Performs purchasing duties of a considerable scope and authority
• (Purchase authority) Makes purchase commitments in conformance with IEC purchasing policy and procedure
• Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals as a major contributor
• Travels (some local & overnight) as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in Business Administration or Material Management is required, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
• CPSM Certification is a plus.
• 5-10 years related experience. DOD, Government agency, and drawing interpretation experience preferred aptitude in real time MRP environment.
• Skilled in all PC based business software programs.