Position Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Alpharetta GA
Pay Rate : $40.00
6 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
Performs a variety of quality-related functions in support of regulatory, customer, and company requirements/objectives. Coordinates/develops/monitors/maintains necessary procedures, controls, and/or programs to assure compliance/conformance to regulatory, customer, and company requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform product quality audits to assure compliance with customer, drawing, internal, and regulatory requirements
• Perform system audits in support of the Quality/Environmental Management System
• Coordinate close out of audit findings through, creating audits finding reports and determining proper corrective and preventive actions with the lead of the area being audited
• Coordinate needed actions to support continued ISO/AS9100 certification, preferred supplier status, and AS 9001 certifications (required for Government Quality Engineers)
• Provides liaison activities with customers and suppliers on all quality-related activities
• Review, identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
• Perform review of bid and proposal quality clauses and provide compliance matrix
• Perform review of customer quality clauses, quality documents and provide compliance matrix
• Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
• Review trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing rejects, supplier history, etc and provide recommendations for improvement
• Perform design review activities including inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
• Interfaces with all departments at all levels
• Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
• MRB/ECN Board representation and duties
• Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc
• Employs mistake-proofing techniques
• Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
• Identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
• Perform FAA Designee authorized functions
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L-3 Ethics Standards
• Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Masters' preferred.
• 5 or more years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace parts manufacturing as well as planning experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with some experience related to custom products.
• Knowledgeable of concepts, practices, policies/procedures, internal engineering, manufacturing and project management functions.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. Ability to develop relationships with all levels of personnel.
• Familiarity with AS9100, D0-178, D0-254 and aviation regulations (required for Government Quality Engineers)
• Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, SQC, DOE, ANOVA, etc.)
• Proficient with quality systems software and business desktop software programs
• Experience in quality analysis techniques (statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, SPC, Root Cause and CAPA process)
• Interact effectively with management, peers, and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
• The individual must have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum oversight and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as with Minitab.
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?