Position Title: Sr. Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Pasadena CA
Pay Rate : DOE
6 – 12 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
Position Description: Working closely with design engineering, support the design, production, quality oversight, test and integration of one-of-a-kind/low-quantity wire harnesses and cable assemblies for space flight and non-flight, standalone, sub/top electro-mechanical assemblies including Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE).
Wire Harness and cable assemblies predominately reference NASA Std. 8739.3 and/or NASA Std. 8739.4 and/or IPC J-STD-001ES and incorporate commercially available components and wire, shielded and unshielded, single and multi-conductor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the manufacturing process creation and implementation to produce electrical cable and harness assemblies and documenting the installation process of electronic components such as temperature sensors, motors, strain gauges, heating elements, and related devices. Initiate/lead/participate in continuous improvement of processes to enhance quality and throughput.
· Identify tooling and/or equipment requirements and ensure availability. Support manufacturing production planning, coordination and status activity.
· Provide support to assembly technicians. Participate in disposition, corrective action and cause processes of non-conforming product. Collaborate with design engineering team and assembly technicians during prototype and first-run activity to revise and/or redline instructions as required.
· Working knowledge of MRP in a manufacturing environment.
· May require customer and supplier interface on technical issues
· Requires BS or higher in electrical engineering and 7+ years electrical manufacturing process creation experience or implementation.
· Extensive experience creating detailed step-by-step, item-by-item assembly and test documentation.
· Proficient schematics and circuit diagrams, engineering drawings, BOM and indentured parts lists.
· Work knowledge in assembly methods and processes including wire cutting, striping, splicing, contact or terminal crimping, marking, solder sleeve, heat shrinking and soldering. Experience with electrical testing including continuity, insulation resistance, dielectric withstand (hi-pot).
· Experience with molding/potting and shielding.
· Experience with SolidWorks CAD software is desired.
· Ability to develop cost improvement benefit analyses
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to management and customers.
· Experience working with an MRP system.
· Understanding of Lean Mfg. principles a plus. Mechanical experience a plus
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?