*This is a Non-Exempt Position**
Working Hours: 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri
* Overtime occasionally and evenings as needed for event support
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this contingent position is to coordinate the planning, logistics and execution of Corporate Events at Corning Incorporated.
• Work with the Corporate Events team to plan and execute its event portfolio. Responsible for assigned tasks in the planning, execution and follow-up stages of the event.
• Serve as liaison with partners, such as executive assistants, Corporate Aviation, Corporate Communications, Corning Museum of Glass, Corporate Food Services, and Global Security, related to corporate events.
• Secure event space contracts for customers with Customer Service, local hotels and transportation companies.
• Coordinate internal resources and external vendors as required throughout all stages of the events.
• Work closely with Corporate Events team to help manage time tracking, event calendars, SharePoint sites, process documentation, inventory tracking/ordering and other assigned tasks.
• Monitor budgets of assigned events to ensure customer requirements and Corporate Events standards are met.
• Assist Travel Coordinator with travel logistics, as assigned.
• Use room scheduling tool to manage logistics for events.
• Utilize Cvent platform to create, launch and monitor registration tools, onsite apps and other deliverables related to assigned events.
Key Decision Areas
• Determine and use resources necessary to complete projects.
• Identify process and financial improvement opportunities.
• Required skills
i. Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
ii. Ability to manage multiple tasks
iii. Positive, can-do attitude
iv. High level of integrity
v. High degree of confidentiality
vi. Deal with stressful situations and meet deadlines as required
vii. Present professional demeanor in stressful, fast-paced environment
viii. Interact and communicate effectively with a diverse employee group and across all levels of management
ix. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
x. Ability to adapt to constant change; flexible
xi. Strong project management skills
xii. Strong customer focus
xiii. Strong interpersonal skills
xiv. High degree of initiative
xv. Active listening
xvi. Microsoft Office suite skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Soft skills
i. EMS room scheduling tool
ii. Microsoft SharePoint
iii. Adobe Photoshop
Up to 5% domestic travel
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of event planning experience
• Cvent experience, preferred