Contract Duration: 7 months
Job Title: IP (Intellectual Property) Operations Specialist #262961
Job Type: 7 months
Location: San Jose, CA
The IP Operations Specialist will have 3-5 years’ experience as a patent prosecution legal assistant or patent prosecution docketer. Responsibilities to include database management, vendor correspondence, statistical reporting, accounting tasks, and other projects as assigned by the Senior IP Operations Specialist. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable for this dynamic role. This position is exposed to proprietary company information, so strict adherence to confidentiality policy is required.
- Maintain patent database and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Process invoices and maintain IP budgetary records.
- Create, analyze, and present periodic statistical reports.
- Correspond with law firms, vendors, engineers, and other contacts worldwide.
- Track important patent-related dates and deadlines.
- Work cross-functionally with Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, and other internal departments.
Degree: BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite, USPTO PAIR, and able to use multiple web-based systems Preferred : 3-5 years' experience in patent prosecution