Position Title: Power Electronics Engineering
Location: Palo Alto CA
Pay Rate : DOE
3- 6 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
The Platform Unit Electrical Design group is responsible for development of new space electronics units for SSL spacecraft.
This includes spacecraft power regulation and distribution equipment which interfaces with state of the art solar array and battery technologies to provide up to 25kW of power to spacecraft payload and bus equipment.
As a Power Electronics Engineering Specialist, you would be responsible for designing, analyzing and testing new electronics boards and units from prototypes through qualification.
You would lead engineering development tests for a complex power distribution or control unit, for either earth-orbiting or interplanetary spacecraft.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical circuit design (6 with MS, 2 with PhD)
- Advanced understanding of mathematics, physics, and chemistry as they relate to electrical circuits
- Expert in the use of electrical simulation tools (e.g., SPICE)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Thorough knowledge of analog and digital electronics state-of-the-art designs
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?