Contract Duration: 3-6 months contract
The Platform Unit Electrical Design group is responsible for development of new space electronics units for copany's spacecraft.
This includes spacecraft power regulation and distribution equipment which interfaces with state of the art solar array and battery technologies to provide up to 25kW of power to spacecraft payload and bus equipment.
As a Power Electronics Principal Engineer, you would be responsible for designing, analyzing and testing new electronics boards and units from prototypes through qualification.
You would lead a team of junior power electronics engineers to develop all the circuits cards needed for a complex power distribution or control unit, for either earth-orbiting or interplanetary spacecraft.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in electrical circuit design (10 with MS, 6 with PhD)
- Exceptional understanding of mathematics, physics, and chemistry as they relate to electrical circuits
- Exceptional expertise in the use and development of electrical simulation tools (e.g., SPICE)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Exceptional knowledge of electronic equipment design and development sufficient to be recognized as an outstanding expert in a particular area of specialization